Dr. Georgios Giannakópoulos
- Georgios Giannakópoulos is a consultant Trauma surgeon and Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS) physician at Amsterdam University Medical Centre and the ‘Lifeliner 1’ HEMS in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- He has special interest in the early prehospital and inhospital management and treatment of the severely injured patient, the operative treatment of spinal injuries, limb reconstruction after severe injury and fracture healing disorders (non-union) with special interest in fracture related infections.
- As a fellow of the European Board of Trauma Surgery and fellow of the American College of Surgeons he is interested in surgical education and scientific research. He participates in several national and international projects and his publication list counts more than 70 peer-reviewed articles.
Drs. Mireille Soffner (D.D.S., MSc.)
- Mireille Soffner studied dentistry at ACTA and graduated in 1997. She completed her training as an endodontist in 2005. She then worked as a lecturer at ACTA until 2015. In May 2023, Mireille completed her training in dental gnathology with a focus on orofacial pain. She works in her own referral practice for endodontics and gnathology in Hoorn. She is also a Staff member of ACTA (Department of Orofacial Pain and Diagnostics) and Chairperson of the dental association county Westfriesland.
Prof. dr. Leander Dubois (MD, DMD, PhD)
- Leander Dubois is since 2011 a consultant in oral and maxillofacial surgery at the Amsterdam University Medical Centre in Amsterdam and St Antonius Hospital in Utrecht. In 2016 he obtained his PhD in ‘Predictability in orbital reconstruction’.
- He is involved in various research projects on facial traumatology and orbital reconstruction. In 2022 he was appointed as a full professor in maxillofacial trauma at the medical and dental faculties of AmsterdamUMC. Leander has a particular interest in improving the predictability of post-traumatic reconstructions with the help of computer-aided technology. He actively participates in (inter)national guidelines and protocols on facial traumatology and acute care and lectures on these topics at (inter)national conferences and courses. He authored over 90 peer-reviewed publications and eight book chapters.
Prof. Dr. Jan de Lange
- 1988: Dental Degree, State University Utrecht (cum laude).
- 1990-1994: Resident Mondziekten en Kaakchirurgie, AMC, Amsterdam.
- 1996: Medical Degree, University of Amsterdam.
- 2002: Degree Management Development for Medical Specialists.
- 2006: PhD on Central Giant Cell Granuloma of the Jaw: Epidemiology, Therapy and Related Disorders. University of Amsterdam.
- 2005- 2008: Training epidemiologiy EMGO, Free University, Amsterdam, SMBWO registration Epidemioloog B (2008).
- 2011: BKO (Basis Kwalificatie Onderwijs); (Basic qualifcation as Teacher)
- Other Registrations: Oral Implantologist (NVOI) and Radiation Expertise level 4M
- 2010: Appointed as Professor in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
1. General Head of Residents programme and Clinical Head of Department: Mondziekten, Kaak- en Aangezichtschirurgie, AMC, Amsterdam.
2. Professor in Dept. of MKA-surgery, ACTA, Amsterdam.
3. MKA-consultant at Dept. of Mondziekten, Kaak- en Aangezichtschirurgie, Isala Klinieken
- 2022: Head of Dept. Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery AmsterdamUMC and AmsterdamVuMC
Dr. Renée Helmers
- 2010 – 2014 Bachelor and Master in Medical Science (completed), VU
- University, Amsterdam
- 2004 – 2010 Bachelor and Master in Dental Science (completed), University of
- Amsterdam (UvA)
- 1999 – 2004 Gymnasium/high school, Alberdingk Thijm College, Hilversum
- 1998 – 1999 Gymnasium/high school, Vossius, Amsterdam
- 2019 – present Amsterdam University Medical Centre, consultant OMFS
- (Special interest: traumatology, (pre-)implantology, facial surgery)
- 2022 PhD, University of Amsterdam
- 2014 – 2018 Resident, Amsterdam University Medical Centre, Dept. Oral and
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- 2010 Dentist, Dental Clinic Stadhouderskade, Amsterdam
- 2010 Dentist, Emergency Dental Services TBB, Amsterdam
Dr. Jeroen Liebregts
- Jeroen Liebregts has been affiliated with RadboudUMC as MKA surgeon since 2020 and is Head of the Centre for Special Dentistry in Nijmegen since April 2021. His areas of interest are implantology, traumatology and the application of implantology in special care groups. In February 2022, Jeroen obtained his PhD on the 3D surgical planning of orthognathic surgery. In his daily work, the focus is mainly on the application of implantology within CBT. The 3D backward planning is the basis for solving complex dental issues. His passion is the development and application of innovative treatment modalities such as 3D planning and navigation in daily practice within an interdisciplinary treatment team.
Dr. Ruud Schreurs
- Ruud Schreurs completed his master Technical Medicine (Twente University) with a research project at the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 3D Lab at the Radboudumc Nijmegen, The Netherlands in 2013. He continued working in that 3D and was since 2014 employed also as a Technical Physician and PhD student at the department of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery of the AmsterdamUMC.
- In 2021 he completed his PhD thesis, titled “Transformation in Orbital Reconstruction”, cum laude. Currently he is Head of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 3D Lab of the AmsterdamUMC.
- Ruud has been involved in a variety of research projects focusing on computer-assisted technologies in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Clinically, he is involved in diagnostics and treatment planning in a broad spectrum of Oral and Maxillofacial patients, with a special interest in facial traumatology
Drs. Elinor C.M. Bouvy-Berends (D.D.S.)
- Dental degree in 1968, Utrecht University.
- Senior consultant Special Care Dentistry & Clinical director (1988 – 2005) of the Centre for Special Care Dentistry CBT RIJNMOND, Rotterdam (www.cbtrijnmond.nl)
- Focus on education in Special Care Dentistry, especially in pain, sedation, and anaesthesia for dental patients with complex and additional support needs.
- From 2016 “patient representative”: chair of the Dutch Foundation of Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva (FOP Foundation; www.fopstichting.nl).
- Chair of the Fundraising foundation: Stichting Vrienden van FOP (www.vriendenvanfop.nl)
- Advisor Special Care Dentistry at Fresh Unique Oral Care (Fresh Unieke Mondzorg, The Netherlands).
- Coaching oral health care professionals and carers in institutions for people with a disability.
Dr. Just de Mol van Otterloo (DMD, MD, PhD, FEBOMS)
- J.J. de Mol van Otterloo, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
- Privat practice since 2003 in Haarlem, The Netherlands
- Chairman of the Bridge the Gap Foundation (Est. 1994)
- Since 1995 (yearly) visiting Vietnam and Laos as a member of the Bridge the Gap Foundation.